"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Legs

Legs. Today I am so very grateful for my legs. I ran 8 miles today in 12 degree weather. My legs carried me there and back, got a little sore, but kept me moving. It's a crazy wonder how amazing they are. I really got thinking about how awesome my wittle wegs are. They have carried me around for 20 years now. They get tired sometimes, but they have never failed me. My head has failed them, but they always keep moving. They have carried me through hard times, they have carried me through proud times. I have resented them sometimes- calling them fat, beating them up to make them look like the world would like. It makes me sick now to look back and see what I was saying to them. They were always there, they never complained, they always kept moving. What if I wasnt blessed with this necessity? What if I was in a wheel chair. It got me thinking to how selfish I have been. I have always over looked them and never thanked them for what they have done for me over my life span. I am SO proud of my legs. Without them, I wouldnt be able to ride my horses, I wouldnt be able to sit and enjoy nature and my many blessings clinging tight to the saddle. I wouldnt have all the amazing memories I have in a dirt arena and throughout my Wyoming mountains without them. I wouldn't be training for my first marathon. I wouldnt have lost 60 pounds. Without my wonderful legs, I wouldnt have believed in myself as much as I do. So today, Thank you legs for believing in me when I had ceased to believe in myself. Thank you for continuing to amaze me each and everyday with what you can do. From today on, I wont let you down. I will be the one carrying you!

No comments:

Post a Comment