"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Monday, December 26, 2011

NOEL and New Years Resolutions

Finally,  a new blog post???? Amazing. Sorry, Ya'll I have been majorly slacking on blogging but TADAH I am going to make this one of my New Years Resolutions to blog more. I am so excited for this next year and seeing what it can bring. 2011 has been one of the best years of my life and I am so thankful for the experiences I have gained but I literally cannot wait for the New year! There are so many wonderful things that happened in 2011 that I would like to sketch down before I loose it all from my memory!
- I started off this year living in Hawaii with some of my best friends and a friend that I honestly call my sister from heaven, Annie. I am so thankful for this girl and all she has done for me- knowingly and un-knowingly. I could not ask for a better example and spirit in my life. She is the strongest person I have met and has the strongest testimony! She is the person I would always look to for strength and the one who I would turn to when times were the hardest! She never complained about a single thing, and always knew exactly what to say for every possible situation. She is everything I thought a best friend could be and so much more. Even though the coming of April separated us, we knew that is wasnt the end of the road! I know she will be my best friend for eternity and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us Hawaiian sisters :)
-I am so very thankful for my beautiful family and the incredible amount of support they have given me! I dont think they thought Hawaii was the best idea for me and suprisingly enough it was the hardest/most wonderful experience in my life! I was so thankful to come home and see everyone. I know my life wouldnt be the same without them, and the experiences I have come to know.
- I am thankful for my wonderful cousin Terri and all she has done for me. I have always looked up to her for being my role model but when I lived in Hawaii she seemed to have been more of a hero to me which I didnt think was possible to be even more. She watched out for me and helped me realize my own strength when times were hard and seemed impossible. She taught me love of the gospel and myself and always lead with an example. I am so very grateful for her willingness to serve with hope and understanding of what I was going through. She always kept her head up no matter what trials she faced and I learned so much from her example. I am one truly blessed girl to call her my cousin/sister!
-I lost my best friend and horse on December 8th and my world will never be the same. Kitty taught me more than I thought could be taught. She taught me patience, love and loss. She was always there for me when no one else seemed to be and I know without a doubt she knew my points and knew how far to push me to make me better and stronger in all she did. I will never forget the first time I saw her come barreling out of the trailer- all strangly and beautiful at the same time and from that moment on I knew my life would be changed forever. She carried me on her back from the time I was 9 to 19, and lead me to numerous championships, belt buckles and a Jr. Princess and Princess title. We traveled all over the state vying for the next prize competing for the best; starting at 6 am and not setting foot again on the ground until 9 at night or later. It was keeping bobby pins popped into my head, and way too tight jeans. It was glossing her hair, and staying up the night before a show washing, glossing and getting glimmery shirts ready for the next day. It was cleaning stalls to keep her getting trained and taking lessons each and every day. I will miss her more than words can say, but I know when I hear the thunder roar it will be Kittys feet clippity clocking on heavens floor.
Even though there have been some tough times with 2011- there have been even more good times to make it all worthwhile. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for me!
I have so many new things that I want to accomplish in 2012. Here is my list!
1. Be to my goal weight- 15-20 more pounds
2. Go to Alaska
3. Run my first Marathon
4. Run my first Half marathon
5. Be closer to my Father in Heaven
6. Learn to play the guitar better and write songs

No comments:

Post a Comment