"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Miss Kadi Lou Erickson was all they knew, only the name.


Okay, so I might as well tell everyone what I have been up to for the last while, since I'm not sure when the last time people heard from me was. I am proud to say I am currently residing in Laie, Hawaii. . . Going to school of course! I have been here for 4 months now and will continue my education here at BYU-Hawaii until April. I am very blessed and grateful to be here and to see a whole new world and experience many different cultures. Let me tell you though, it was a shocker! The little sheltered girl from big-bad Wyoming had finally met her match.  I was scared to death, but the Lord truly blessed me with strength and love to have the confidence to strive and become a better me 5,000 miles away from home. When I first got off the plane, I was filled with anxiousness, fear, and hope. The thought ran through my head a million times that day. . . "Are you SURE this is where you are supposed to be?" And even being completely on my own, I still had the comfort that this time in my life is devoted to me, what I want and whom I someday want to become. So, there I went chugging along with my whole life packed into 3 suitcases, and my heart wearing easily on my sleeve, I set off into the place people call Paradise. . . More to come tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment