"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference Weekend

I have really been reflecting on the last 7 months of my life lately, and I have come to one conclusion:  there is no way that I would have been able to survive without the hand of the Lord. Since being away from home and being at BYUH I have learned to be more aware of myself, and let go of insecurities. I have struggled at times, but I know when I have given a silent or verbal prayer it always gets answered some way or another. One of those answers came this weekend with General Conference. It was such an amazing conference and I felt the spirit so strong. I finally came to the realization with my whole understanding that the church is true, and God is there to answer our prayers even through others. I have been blessed with great friends and a best friend who I truly believe I met in the pre-existance, Annie. I am grateful she was given to me when my prayers needed answers and when I had ceased to believe in myself.  I am filled with mixed emotions about going home and with finals but I know with my whole being the Lord will pick me up and carry me to the finish line if I meet him half way. I'm grateful as well I have been able to have a temple within 10 minutes walking and so glad that one day I can go through and recieve covenants and new understandings about the church. I am so grateful and my heart is very full today, I know my father loves me. I know he understands my every thought and action, he knows every hair on my head and without him I would be nothing. So, today was a wonderful Sunday, and next week at this time I will be home with my family. I don't think life could get any better <3

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and it is so very true! Love you Kadi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kad... i love you!!! You are the sweetest. So glad we reunited after 18 years. Don't know what I would do without you. Love you so much

    ReplyDelete