"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Saturday, March 12, 2011

TSUNAMIIIIIIIII!!!

Oh gosh. Where do I even begin with this.... My roomate Annie's dad called her and about 9:30 pm which gave us both a heart attack. He told her about the earthquake that had happened in Japan. Soon after that he said there is a tsunami coming right to Hawaii. So of course, I FREAK! Growing up in little Star Valley you never really imagine you will be in a tsunami, or I mean you could if you really wanted. But I sure didn't. So of course the first thing I do is call my Mom; at around 9:50 pm. She answers a little scared and to add to that first thing I say is, "Mom there is a Tsunami coming to Hawaii." Good job Kad freaking your mom out at one in the morning. She talked to me for a little bit and tried talking down my frazzled nerves. At about 10 pm the first alarm went off. And when I say alarm it's not the little rinky-dink alarms for your car, or your school... this thing is the mother of all alarms. It was high pitched, and constant. So upon hearing this, all my moms soothing went right out the window. I start mumbling while at the same time she is mumbling and the last thing I remember was saying I love you, and throwing things together for a 72 hour kit. Which of course had to include all my little trinkets. By the time I had all my things together, I was out. So there I went trudging through crowds of people. I have honest to goodness never heard so many people freaking out in my life... and which led to my network being completely out of service-which made me phoneless causeing more stress to the dang situation. I made it over to Terri and Reed's (Thank heaven for them). When I got there, they were just kinda chilling out. I thought why aren't they running around with their heads cut off like me? Well, they had been in this situation last year about this time. Terri kept me calm, and gave me a glass of milk while I washed a good half a box of grahm crackers down, which was my only food I brought for the whole 72 hours. Good thinking Kad. Hour after hour went by and next time I knew, I was looking at the TV at 3 am that was expecting the first wave to hit any minute. I sat there out of my mind scared thinking all the worse possible things to happen.... what ifs. What if it's bigger than they think, what if I never see my family again, what if I can't get home? Well, I made it through alive. My heavenly father was by my side keeping me comforted and calm, and I know he did the same for so many others. It made me really believe in miracles, and to open my eyes to what can happen in a split second. So I just want to say, to whoever is reading this, I love you. I care about you. And I am grateful for you in my life, even if I don't tell you enough.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment