"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Monday, March 7, 2011

I {heart} Today.

Today marks me being in Hawaii for 21 weeks.
Today I have exactly 4 weeks left.
When I look back I can't help but wonder where all my time went. It's so crazy to me to think that only a year ago (in 2 months) I graduated High School, and literally not knowing what was happening with my life.

Today I miss my mom- I miss everything she says to cheer me up and the wonderful woman she is. I took her for granted many times through my teen years, and everything she said I can see why she said them now. She always just wanted the best for me, and I was too caught up in stupid things to see that until now.  I can honestly say she is my best friend and my hero. She has gone through so much and I am so grateful that I was sent here to be her daughter- To learn from her, laugh with her, and cry with her. I am thankful that she trusted me and knew what was in my heart to help me be who I am today. I want to be the mother she is. Someone who is understanding of every circumstance, someone who loves everyone with her whole heart-and sees the best in everyone she comes in contact with. Someday I hope I can measure up to her, and live my life the way she has carried hers through grace and faith in every situation. I never let you know mom how much you mean to me and how amazing of a mother you are-I am so overwelmingly grateful Heavenly Father sent me to your loving arms and I can grow up being loving to myself and others because of your example. I love you mama.
Today I am thankful for my dad- I don't know where I would be in my life without my dad. He is the greatest example of faith, righteousness and loyalty. There were so many times when I needed someone to turn to-and someone to tell me I was wrong or right- I could always trust him with everything I had. Through my HS years, we never really saw eye to eye, and I regret not knowing and learning more about him than just believing that I was right over everything he said. The bad thing is- He was always right. Whenever I would get my heart broken, he didn't get mad cause he knew it was going to happen, he welcomed me with open arms and let me cry. All the times I was scared, nervous, or just needing a little help, he gave me a fathers blessing. I am so blessed to have a dad that was worthy all those times I would wake him up crying in the middle of the night. He didn't ever complain and would just roll out of bed and stumble to the kitchen. He is everything a father should be and more. He loves all of us kids the same, but in many different ways. He has the most humble and sweet heart, and has provided our family with a good life through all his hard work. It was hard sometimes growing up when he wouldn't get home until late from logging, but I know he was making a better life for us with every tree he fell. I never tell you enough dad but Thank you for all you have done for me knowingly and unknowingly-I love you.
Today I am thankful for my brother Andy- He is the greatest example. I sometimes think he should have been the first born because he shows me something loving and valuable everyday. I look up to him so much and have him listed as my hero. I have watched him struggle with his diabetes but he never lets it show. He lives his life everyday to the fullest, and never takes no for an answer. He is a mini-me of my dad and is a hard worker that loves a new challenge. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know. He is always so willing to help a stranger, to help a friend in need with no hesitation. I am so grateful I was blessed with him for my brother- I must have done something right in heaven:) I love you And.

Today I am grateful for my little sister Mckynzi- I am blessed to be the older sister of a sweet and loving 11 year old. She is the highest example of compassion and love. She never quits at anything she does, and works so hard to achieve her dreams. She loves with her heart on her sleeve, and accepts everyone for who they are no matter what. She is a spitfire and a competitive soul that drives you to want to try harder and keep doing better. She knows no limits which makes her even stronger and better. I don't know what I would do without you Kynz- your the greatest little sister ever- and I don't know how my life would be without you in it. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment