"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about finding who you have been all along"

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Update.

There are quite a few things that need to be updated so here it goes! First off, Disneyland was wonderful and filled with memories and laughs I will never forget! It was so great to be with my family and spend some time together even if it was just for 4 days. I flew into LAX on Weds the 16th at about 5:30 a.m. in the morning which about killed me dead because the time difference made it 3 a.m. in Hawaii. It also didn't help that I had a weirdie sitting next to me. Both of these combos= NO SLEEP for Kadi. Finally, I was able to de-board the plane and try and catch the Disneyland shuttle that would take me to our hotel. I was told the bus would come every hour, but after sitting on the curb for a good 31/2 hours the shuttle finally came:) I was a nervous wreck let me tell you. I was the only one on the bus which made it nice so I could go straight to our hotel. First thing I did when I got there was go to the front desk to see if they could check me in, no luck. Everything was completely booked the night before, and the rest of my family would not be there until 2 that afternoon. So, I looked like the creeper in the corner with my laptop and a book. After about four hours of waiting and me bugging them, they finally had a room clean. Soon after, my family arrived! I got off the elevator and was instantly happy and excited to see the ones I love the most in this world. All the little kids ran up and gave me a huge hug. They were all wearing T-shirts in rememberance of my Grandma June. The shirts were bright neon green so they were not hard to spot! It was so great to see everyone, and my homesickness vanished when I was able to embrace everyone. Soon after putting bags away we went over to Disneyland and because it was pouring rain it was a ghost town, which was WONDERFUL! The whole trip was this way, besides one day which was great to have a little sunshine! Over the next four days, we went to different shows including Aladdin, Bugs Life (hate that show because of the bugs crawling under your butt and the spikes in the back, so of course I was sitting on the edge of my seat; might as well have been the floor!:)) and last World of Color! That show was so neat! I will try to post some of the video and song that was my favorite. I drank way to many hot chocolates, ate a few churros, and had the best Corndog ever! (which is odd because I don't even like Corndogs) It was great to spend some quality time with my dad when we would go and get Fastpass tickets together, and listen to the wisdom of my mom and best friend. I not only went on the Tower of Terror ride one to many times, but also enjoyed the little rides with my cousins such as the "Tea Cups", Small World, and Peter Pan's Flight. Everything was going great, until Waammmooo. Kadi came down with the flu. It was honest to goodness the worst flu I had ever had. So Saturday morning on my last day, I spent the whole morning puking my brains out. But, I got enough strength to later go back. There were a few tears shed, but I had to keep telling myself I will be home in 40 days. I can't wait to be home for Good for awhile. Overall, this trip was one of the greatest memories and experiences that I hope to share with my own family and children someday.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment